[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: hoax raises head again...

> I've received three inquiries from employees within the past month to add to
> my year-and-a-half old collection of "Good Times" virus warnings.  Have
> any of you ever found anything to be "REAL" regarding this old hoax?
> Has anyone actually been bitten by it or gotten a copy of it for diagnosis?
> Please respond so I can try to lay this latest fear to rest.  Thanks in
> advance...

There have been at least three mailings from CIAC, debunking various waves
of this rumor. (The latest is no dowubt fueled by confusion with the MSWord
macro virus.) These blurbs from CIAC have been pretty good at discussing
what's true, or false, likely or unlikely. Look at:

http://ciac.llnl.gov/
or
ftp://ciac.llnl.gov/

Especially see the "Notes" rather than "Bulletins".